Website Bristol Community College
Adjunct Faculty – Business Administration
Department: Academic Affairs-Business Experiential Education
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Jul 30, 2021
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: Part Time Non Benefited
Position ID: 134487
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Adjunct Faculty – Business Administration
DEPARTMENT: Business and Experiential Education
REPORTS TO: Dean of Business & Experiential Education
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Adjunct Faculty – Business Administration will be responsible for, but not limited to, teaching and developing curriculum/course material for Accounting, Business, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Management, and/or Project Management courses and offering student support through interaction. A list of potential courses can be found online in the https://bristol.cleancatalog.net/. Adjunct Faculty will engage in a critical role in the teaching and learning process, contributing to student learning outcomes and success.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teach, and as appropriate, design Accounting, Business, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Management, and/or Project Management course material to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
• Assess student learning and assign grades.
• Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies and High Impact Practices.
• Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
• Help students reach their academic, personal and professional goals and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
• Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic communities, promoting collaboration and teamwork.
• Participate in professional development opportunities to address the college’s goals related to technology, academic innovation and equity.
• Complete required trainings such as, but not limited to, Harassment & Discrimination Prevention and Information Security.
• Adhere to workload as specified in the Collective Bargaining Agreement, to include duties such as, but not limited to, completing book orders, creating syllabi, verifying student enrollment, and submitting final grades by the contractual deadline.
• Be available to students either virtually or in-person for assistance meeting course requirements and supporting student academic success.
• Foster student success across the college’s diverse student body.
• Perform other related duties as assigned, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in related field.
• Demonstrated experience with college level teaching or as a facilitator in a corporate or non-profit environment.
• Proven technological proficiency, which may include Microsoft Office 365 applications.
• Prior online teaching experience using a Learning Management System.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.’
• Bristol Community College is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 2022.
• Doctorate preferred.
• Degree in accounting, business, entrepreneurship, marketing, management, and/or project management.
• Evidence of scholarship.
• Experience using High Impact Practices.
• Experience teaching at a community college.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Blackboard.
• Graduate of Bristol’s Adjunct Certificate Program.
• 18 graduate credits in the area of business administration.
• Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: MCCC/DCE unit position, non-benefitted.
Adjunct Faculty are part-time instructors hired on an as needed basis. Courses may be offered in online, hybrid, or face-to-face modalities in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and/or Taunton. Courses may be held during the day, in the evening, and on weekends (Friday nights, Saturdays, and Sundays).
Please note: Positions will be available pending sufficient enrollment.
SALARY: Minimum salary is $1,132 per credit hour. Actual salary is commensurate with the DCE Collective Bargaining Agreement.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button.
COMPLETION OF THE ADJUNCT INFORMATION SESSION OR THE ADJUNCT CERTIFICATE PROGRAM REQUIRED PRIOR TO INTERVIEW. MORE INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://www.bristolcc.edu/bristolcommunity/facultystaff/academicresources/lashctl/adjunctfacultyinfosessions/
THIS POOL IS VALID THROUGH JUNE 30, 2022, AT WHICH TIME APPLICANTS SEEKING TO REMAIN IN THE POOL MUST REAPPLY AND UPDATE THEIR INFORMATION.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
4) A copy of your transcripts for all degrees earned. Upon hire, the candidate must supply official transcripts and/or certifications. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred. Failure to provide transcripts may result in your appointment being revoked.
5) Those interviewed will be required to present a 15-20 minute teaching demonstration on a topic of the committee’s choice.
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2512603
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.