Website Bristol Community College
Department: Economic & Business Development
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Nov 2, 2021
Closes: Dec 2, 2021 – 11:59 PM EST
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 138855
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Economic & Business Development (EBD)
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Economic & Business Development or designee
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Student employees, as applicable.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Executive Assistant provides, among other duties, senior-level administrative and project support to the Vice President of EBD, which is comprised of Adult Education, Business Solutions & Partnerships, Grant Development, the National Offshore Wind Institute, external and community events, and other special projects. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies related to EBD and the college. This position is also responsible for oversight and participation in the coordination, control, and completion of projects for EBD.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide senior-level administrative support for the Vice President of EBD, including but not limited to calendar maintenance, scheduling meetings, and reserving rooms.
• Support the Vice President in preparation for college and external meetings, including but not limited to the President Leadership Team, Board of Trustees, and college-wide meetings; prepare and maintain agendas, minutes, modalities/links and reminders, documents, presentation materials, and electronic folders.
• Coordinate logistics, create and develop ideas, and bring to fruition EBD area and college-sponsored events (e.g., EBD team meetings and external meetings/events), including but not limited to room set-up, catering, technology needs, and registration.
• Greet visitors, clients, faculty, staff and students, answer telephone calls, take accurate/complete messages, and/or provide routine information concerning EBD policies, procedures, and services.
• Support the registration and management of conferences, delegation and events executed through the Vice President’s office including but not limited to transportation, reimbursements and travel arrangements, in accordance with appropriate policies and procedures.
• Develop, organize, and manage efficient office workflow procedures; manage the submission of department reports and assignments.
• Handle and process confidential information with discretion and sensitivity.
• Assist the Vice President’s direct reports to assure project deadlines are met; work closely and collaboratively with staff across EBD by providing administrative support.
• Responsible for various hardcopy and electronic budgetary documents and forms including but not limited to request for expenditures, travel reimbursements, purchase orders, and requisitions to encumber funds, in alignment with the Director of Operations.
• Provide support to the department in tracking budgets, including online ordering, maintenance, and distribution of office supplies, collaborating with the Director of Operations.
• Serve as first point of contact for external and internal constituents, providing high quality customer service and professionalism.
• Provide administrative support to Grant Development as needed, including but not limited to submission preparation.
• Maintain effective communication across the department’s areas and its directors and staff.
• Assess various situations to determine the importance, urgency, and potential risk involved; and make independent decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the college as a whole.
• Work under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
• Understand and adhere to the goals, values, mission, and vision of the department and college.
• Prepare, edit, and organize all department correspondence, agendas, meeting minutes, reports, records, memoranda, and other documents. Sort, review, and distribute incoming correspondence.
• Focus on customer service best practices when working with Bristol community members, including faculty, staff, clients and students.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of an Associate degree.
• Minimum of three years of related experience, which may include but is not limited to office management, office administration, business administration, or business management.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, Planner, and PowerPoint) and virtual meeting platforms, such as Zoom or Google Meet.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong customer service skills.
• Demonstrated accuracy and dependability in the work environment, with a strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple responsibilities and projects, including taking initiative and prioritizing competing tasks.
• Ability to properly communicate across all college areas and with external entities.
• Demonstrated experience analyzing data and preparing reports in order to support decision making.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise significant independent judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
• Required to work nights and weekends.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• Bristol Community College is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 2022. Details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the onboarding process.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
• Demonstrated knowledge of college policies and state budgetary procedures.
• Demonstrated experience working in a higher education environment, preferably at a community college.
• Robust understanding and demonstrated inclusion of access, equity and student success practices.
• Demonstrated experience supervising employees, preferably in an office environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of grant administration and related processes.
• Demonstrated experience working with SCT Ellucian Banner; EMS Scheduling software; effective internet search techniques.
• Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a full-time, non-unit position with benefits.
SALARY: Hiring salary $52,000 – $62,000, commensurate with education and experience.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants for 30 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2608659
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.