Website Bristol Community College
Clerk II (part-time)
Department: Academic Affairs-STEM
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Sep 29, 2021
Closes: Oct 8, 2021 – 11:59 PM EDT
Type: Part Time Non Benefited
Position ID: 137525
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Clerk II (part-time)
DEPARTMENT: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
REPORTS TO: Dean of STEM
STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Clerk II provides clerical support to the STEM academic area, including but not limited to the Dean, Associate Dean, and the area faculty and staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operate standard office equipment including but not limited to a computer, printers, copier, fax machine, multi-line phone system, and test scoring machine.
• Utilize software applications to accurately produce division and program support documents, such as but not limited to exams, syllabi, accreditation reports, agendas, student and advisory board mailings, flyers, and brochures.
• Assist in scheduling appointments and reserving rooms for Dean and faculty, as appropriate.
• Process various budget forms, request for expenditures, budget modifications, and travel vouchers.
• Distribute messages and mail to faculty.
• Process forms, such as but not limited to timesheets, adjunct faculty requests, Computer & Telephone Access, Request for Copier Pin Numbers, Room and Facility Requests, etc.
• Attend and take notes for meetings.
• Use software applications, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook), to produce letters, reports, agendas, etc.
• Provide clerical support to the Administrative Assistant II related to tracking data, faculty support and other administrative tasks as required.
• Focus on customer service best practices when working with Bristol community members, including faculty, staff, and students.
• Provide clerical support for processing student documentation required by STEM programs (i.e. CORI, SORI, etc.).
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must have at least (A) one year of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in office work, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. A diploma as evidence of graduation from the commercial or business course of a recognized high school or vocational/technical high school may be substituted for the required experience.*
II. A diploma as evidence of graduation from a course other than the commercial or business course of a recognized high school or vocational/technical high school or possession of a Massachusetts high school equivalency certificate may be substituted for a maximum of eight months of the required experience.*
III. A diploma for completion of a program in a recognized non-degree granting business or secretarial school above the high school level may be substituted for the required experience.*
IV. An Associate or higher degree may be substituted for the required experience.*
*Education toward such a degree or diploma will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Knowledge of clerical office practices and procedures including but not limited to office record keeping, office correspondence control, the types and uses of office equipment, and maintenance of supplies.
• Skill in operating general office machines and equipment.
• Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Bristol Community College is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 2022.
• Demonstrated ability to:
• Understand, apply, and explain the rules, policies, and procedures governing assigned unit activities.
• File material in accordance with standard filing procedures.
• Establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
• Deal tactfully with others.
• Maintain accurate records.
• Minimum of an Associate degree.
• Demonstrated experience working in educational setting and/or higher education.
• Demonstrated experience in coordinating complex projects, as well as taking proactive actions to solve problems.
• Demonstrated proficiency in software applications, such as Microsoft Office 365, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
• Knowledge of Banner, HEIRS, EMS and/or Argos.
• Ability to work with sensitive and confidential material.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently on assigned projects.
• Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position in order to perform the essential functions listed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a part-time, non-unit, non-benefitted position, working up to 18.5 hours per week.
SALARY: $17.16 per hour.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants for 10 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2529841
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.