Website Bristol Community College
Director of the National Offshore Wind Institute (NOWI)
Department: Economic & Business Development
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Apr 27, 2021
Closes: Jun 25, 2021 – 11:59 PM EDT
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 130454
About Bristol Community College:
Join the Bristol community for work and life!
Bristol Community College (Bristol) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! Bristol is one of the largest employers in the South Coast region and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment with a rich diversity of beliefs, cultures, languages, abilities, and lifestyles. Committed to enriching its educational experience through a supportive community, Bristol actively encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply and achieve our vision to change the world by changing lives, learner by learner. Our employees work collaboratively across the college to ensure the practice of shared governance and transparency in helping to move the college towards comprehensive, innovative solutions, and to empower and meet the needs of our always evolving Bristol community. If you share a passion for helping a diverse student body succeed and enjoy a fast-paced, inclusive, and gratifying work environment, Bristol is the employer for you!
As a Commonwealth of Massachusetts employer, Bristol offers benefitted employees a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability, retirement, flexible spending, and paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holiday pay). Tuition waiver discounts for Bristol and the Commonwealth’s public higher education institutions are available for benefitted positions and certain non-benefited positions. Non-benefited positions are eligible for a retirement fund, paid time off (sick pay), as well as savings plans (available to all non-student employees). More information can be found on our http://bristolcc.edu/bristolcommunity/facultystaff/humanresources/benefits/.
POSITION TITLE: Director of the National Offshore Wind Institute (NOWI)
DEPARTMENT: Economic & Business Development
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Economic & Business Development or designee
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Director of the National Offshore Wind Institute (NOWI) provides leadership, supervision, strategic vision, and budgetary oversight of the NOWI and its associated programs, facilities, staff and equipment. The Director will be responsible for day-to-day oversight of all training related operations, as well as managing the Institute’s staff and instructors. They also will promote the NOWI regionally and nationally as a leading offshore wind institute.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide leadership and strategic oversight of the day-to-day NOWI operations.
• Manage the NOWI facility, including but not limited to equipment, simulators, facility related assets and other items for the training programs.
• Strategically plan for NOWI courses and programs; ensure execution of each training operation according to standard procedures and in alignment with accreditation standards.
• Manage the Global Wind Organization (GWO) training certifications; ensure GWO accreditation for the facility, including but not limited to proper GWO certified trainers, equipment, and accepted GWO curriculum.
• Offer Basic Safety Training, Basic Technical Training, and other necessary GWO training modules, including but not limited to Blade Repair and Signal Signaler, in alignment with demand.
• Ensure all safety and legal requirements are met at the facility; conduct and manage programs with ultimate consideration of individual health and safety.
• Review and update NOWI training programs and utilize formative and summative evaluations for appropriate changes and modifications.
• Hire, supervise, develop, and lead all NOWI staff. Conduct regular performance evaluations to ensure continuous improvement and identify potential opportunities for growth. Work closely with Human Resources to develop staff capabilities and expectations.
• Promote a positive and inclusive work environment that supports the professional growth of staff while fostering a commitment to service excellence.
• Manage a participant and industry recruitment and training program and participant management for the NOWI, including but not limited to registration, attendance monitoring, reporting, and documentation of participant and program progress and outcomes.
• Develop and manage the NOWI strategic communications, marketing and outreach plan to possible clients, instructors and other staff; maintain NOWI website, social media outreach and visibility, and associated marketing materials, in collaboration with Marketing & Communications.
• Set annual goals and milestones and develop a strategic plan for the NOWI in cooperation with the Vice President of Economic & Business Development.
• Oversee logistics for the facility’s equipment, including but not limited to timely purchasing, installation, maintenance, proper functionality and fit-for-purpose; provide training on equipment and related supplies.
• Ensure necessary software licenses are available and current for systems and applications.
• Develop and maintain policies and procedures for the NOWI in accordance with the college’s guidelines.
• Assist, advise, and manage the partnership with Maersk Training and other partners with regard to the training program, strategic initiatives, and client training modules and packages.
• Assist, advise, and manage relationships and collaborations with offshore wind, supply chain and training related organizations, in collaboration with the Vice President of Economic & Business Development.
• Maintain a pool of effective, certified instructors to ensure maximum flexibility of the operation, considering customer needs and department cost.
• Provide exceptional customer service, including appropriate resolution of customer complaints to ensure a high standard of satisfaction.
• Coordinate and support a variety of training delivery methods, such as but not limited to virtual and in-person modalities.
• Manage external partnerships and contractual relationships for catering, accommodations, event support and participant needs, working with appropriate college departments.
• Track training certifications in databases and platforms, such as participant reporting to WINDA.
• Develop risk management plan in order to investigate and manage all incident reports submitted.
• Provide leadership and vision for the NOWI for consistent improvements to training and programs offered; encourage expansion of core training programs to achieve new standards.
• Provide support to develop and manage the NOWI training budget; monitor, track and organize expenses.
• Compile and maintain database for clients, instructors, and program partners using CRM platforms.
• Prepare monthly reports for the Vice President of Economic & Business Development related to NOWI operations.
• Develop grants and private contracts for NOWI opportunities in cooperation with the Office of Grant Development.
• Build collaborations and pathways with the college’s academic offerings and Business Solutions & Partnership programs.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions and work collaboratively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience managing a facility that offers industry-related training.
• Demonstrated experience with facility management, training programs, and/or management of training instructors and content experts.
• Demonstrated experience with program accreditation.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage work priorities and assignments in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
• Demonstrated ability to perform duties with minimal direction, including effective problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 programs, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as virtual meeting platforms.
• Demonstrated knowledge of training curriculum and learning management systems (LMS).
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in engineering or in a related field.
• Demonstrated experience managing a GWO accredited training facility.
• Demonstrated experience with Global Wind Organization, OPITO (Offshore Petroleum Industry Training Organization) or related industry safety accreditation programs.
• Demonstrated proficiency with WINDA.
• Demonstrated knowledge and consistent experience in using varied social media outlets on behalf of a business or organization.
• Experience developing future projected career pathways, with a focus on underserved populations.
• Robust understanding and demonstrated inclusion of access, equity, and student success practices.
• Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position, which may include but is not limited to the ability to move from room to room and to apply inventory tags to various equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a full-time, non-unit position with benefits, some nights and weekends required.
SALARY: Hiring salary $95,000 – $105,000, commensurate with education and experience.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants for 30 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
Bristol Community College is an http://www.bristolcc.edu/about/policiesdisclosureslegalstatements/consumerpolicies/equalopportunitynon-discriminationnotice/. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
ABOUT BRISTOL COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). Bristol has core values rooted in student success and lifelong learning. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Economic & Business Development area provides business solutions for organizations of all sizes and offers customized courses for individuals seeking educational and career pathways, including high school equivalency and English language proficiency programs. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts with locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton. Each location has something unique to offer from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and arts in downtown New Bedford, the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus. From city life to seaside, our locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, and Block Island.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2310681
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.