Website Bristol Community College
EDP Systems Analyst I – Data Visualization Developer and Research Analyst
Department: Information and Technology Services
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Dec 29, 2021
Closes: Jan 8, 2022 – 11:59 PM EST
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 141027
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: EDP Systems Analyst I – Data Visualization Developer and Research Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Services
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fall River; this position may be eligible for a hybrid telework schedule in line with the college’s telework policy.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director, Strategic Analytics
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Student employees as assigned.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: As part of Strategic Analytics, the EDP Systems Analyst I is responsible for data visualization design using Tableau and/or equivalent tools as well as establishing best practices for data visualization at Bristol. The Analyst is responsible for the development of dashboards that will be utilized across the college as well as establishing dashboarding standards and expectations. The Analyst works collaboratively with staff to maintain and enhance student information and other systems to ensure the integrity of college information. Among other duties, the Analyst compiles, analyzes, and reports data extracted from Bristol’s systems for various reporting purposes. The Analyst maintains confidentiality surrounding information accessed, stored, or processed. They also supervise the activity of student employees as needed. This position will be primarily based in Fall River, with occasional required travel to other Bristol locations as business needs dictate.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design and develop high-level dashboards and establish dashboarding standards, expectations and best practices.
• Manage and build the data visualization experience across the college.
• Develop a data visualization user group, organize education experiences, create user documentation and develop a central site for users to access documentation.
• Manage data visualization server user lists and licenses.
• Enhance existing and design new reports and dashboards for the college community.
• Maintain and update the Strategic Analytics webpage as well as Bristol’s data dictionary.
• Prepare updates, verify, and manage raw data and multiple ongoing databases for state and federal reporting (e.g. HEIRS, IPEDS).
• Track, support and fulfill data requests received through Bristol’s data request form.
• Create surveys using online software (e.g. Alchemer).
• Conduct statistical analyses to understand the needs of the college community.
• Assist and train the college community with the use of internal (e.g. Argos) and external (e.g. state and federal dashboards) data sources.
• Receive and analyze reports from the National Student Clearinghouse and other databases.
• Generate and distribute Labor Market Information (LMI).
• Develop and maintain documentation of systems and procedures.
• Focus on customer service best practices when working with Bristol community members, including faculty, staff, and students.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Perform other duties as assigned, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must have at least (A) two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in the field of computer science, information systems, or a closely-related discipline, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. An Associate degree with a major in the field of computer science, information systems, or a closely-related discipline may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
II. A Bachelor’s or higher degree with a major in the field of computer science, information systems, or a closely-related discipline may be substituted for the required experience.*
III. A diploma for completion of a two year full-time, or equivalent part-time, program in a recognized non-degree granting business or vocational/technical school above the high school level with a major in the field of computer programming may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
IV. An official transcript from a recognized business or vocational/ technical school as evidence of completion of a program consisting of at least 650 hours of instruction in the field of computer programming may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.
V. Graduation from the computer science, information systems, or a closely-related discipline course of a recognized vocational/technical high school may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.
*Education toward such a degree or diploma will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated ability to combine multiple data sources to produce analytical datasets.
• Demonstrated understanding of and experience with relational databases.
• Demonstrated experience working with large/complex data sources.
• Mastery of Microsoft Office 365, especially Excel and Word.
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• Bristol Community College is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 2022. Details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the onboarding process.
• Minimum of an associate degree in computer science, social or behavioral science, or related field; or combination of education and equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of three years of professional experience working in institutional research, social science research, or higher education.
• Writes queries for data extraction, analysis, and management.
• Experience with Tableau or other data visualization software.
• Experience in an institutional research office at a college or university.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is full-time, state funded, AFSCME, unit-classified position with benefits.
• Monday through Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM.
• Travel between college locations is required on an occasional basis.
CLASSIFICATION SPECIFICATION: https://www.mass.edu/shared/classificationspecs/specspers/EDP%20Systems%20Analyst.doc
SALARY: AFSCME Unit I, Grade 19, Step 1 $54,675.14 annually. Appointments from outside the bargaining unit begin at Step 1.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants for 10 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2744277
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.