Website Bristol Community College
Non-Credit Instructor- High School Equivalency (HiSET/GED) Preparation
Adult Education Instructors
Department: Adult Education
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Aug 12, 2020
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: Part Time Non Benefited
Position ID: 124132
About Bristol Community College:
Join the Bristol community for work and life!
Bristol Community College (Bristol) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! Bristol is one of the largest employers in the South Coast region and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment with a rich diversity of beliefs, cultures, languages, abilities, and lifestyles. Committed to enriching its educational experience through a supportive community, Bristol actively encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply and achieve our vision to change the world by changing lives, learner by learner. Our employees work collaboratively across the college to ensure the practice of shared governance and transparency in helping to move the college towards comprehensive, innovative solutions, and to empower and meet the needs of our always evolving Bristol community. If you share a passion for helping a diverse student body succeed and enjoy a fast-paced, inclusive, and gratifying work environment, Bristol is the employer for you!
As a Commonwealth of Massachusetts employer, Bristol offers benefitted employees a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability, retirement, flexible spending, and paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holiday pay). Tuition waiver discounts for Bristol and the Commonwealth’s public higher education institutions are available for benefitted positions and certain non-benefited positions. Non-benefited positions are eligible for a retirement fund, paid time off (sick pay), as well as savings plans (available to all non-student employees). More information can be found on our http://bristolcc.edu/bristolcommunity/facultystaff/humanresources/benefits/.
POSITION TITLE: Non-Credit Instructor – High School Equivalency (HiSET/GED) Preparation
DEPARTMENT: Adult Education
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Adult Education
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Adult Education (AE) instructors provide instruction for adults and youth in basic skills upgrading, high school equivalency preparation, and college and career readiness. Assignments may include, but are not limited to, teaching at the adult basic level (ABE) to the adult secondary level (ASE). Instructors are responsible for maintaining student assessment results and tracking student progress throughout the year. Instructors will meet with students to define and update goals. The Instructor participates in the development and implementation of program curriculum that addresses the AE College and Career Readiness Standards and integrates employment skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare and instruct students, who have a variety of learning styles, with appropriate level materials and teaching strategies, in a face-to-face and/or remote learning environment.
• Prepare students for academic and career pathways.
• Develop a syllabus and daily lesson plans based upon assigned classes, program curriculum, and instructional priorities.
• Integrate digital literacy into curriculum, including education.
• Utilize educational software and equipment as warranted.
• Conduct appropriate assessment of student learning outcomes.
• Participate in goal-setting and goal follow-up with individual students.
• Maintain appropriate attendance and student performance records.
• Assist with student placement, registration, and orientation as needed.
• Collaborate with program staff to assist students in achieving their personal education and career goals.
• Participate in staff/program meetings.
• Engage in annual professional development activities related to professional standards and program goals to advance teaching skills and strategies.
• Assume responsibilities for additional educational projects related to the position.
• Complete required trainings, such as but not limited to, Harassment & Discrimination Prevention and Cybersecurity.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum of two years of experience working with adult students from diverse educational and ethnic backgrounds in an instructional setting, focused on HiSET/GED prep.
• Demonstrated experience and education related to the specific teaching responsibilities.
• Experience in providing individualized and group instruction to non-traditional students.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching style and materials to meet the individual needs of students.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and team-teach, if necessary.
• Demonstrated experience assisting students in meeting their education and career goals.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the teaching and learning processes, including providing distance learning opportunities for students.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree preferred.
• Adult Basic Education (ABE) license or Secondary Teaching Certificate.
• Demonstrated ability to design and/or utilize blended learning models.
• Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
• Experience using evidenced-based practices in adult basic education.
• Prior online teaching experience, preferably using Blackboard or any Learning Management System.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a part-time, non-unit, non-benefitted position; some nights and weekends may be required.
Non-Credit Instructors are part-time instructors hired on an as needed basis. Classes may be offered in face-to-face, hybrid, or online modalities in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and/or Taunton. Classes may be held during the day, in the evening, and on weekends.
STARTING DATE: Academic Year 2020-2021
SALARY: $28.00 per hour.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button.
THIS POOL IS VALID THROUGH JUNE 30, 2021, AT WHICH TIME APPLICANTS SEEKING TO REMAIN IN THE POOL MAY BE PROMPTED TO RESUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
Bristol Community College is an http://www.bristolcc.edu/about/policiesdisclosureslegalstatements/consumerpolicies/equalopportunitynon-discriminationnotice/. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College changes the world by changing lives, learner by learner.
ABOUT BRISTOL COMMUNITY COLLEGE:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). Bristol has core values rooted in student success and lifelong learning. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Economic & Business Development area provides business solutions for organizations of all sizes and offers customized courses for individuals seeking educational and career pathways, including high school equivalency and English language proficiency programs. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts with locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton. Each location has something unique to offer from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and arts in downtown New Bedford, the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus. From city life to seaside, our locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, and Block Island.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2310689
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.