Website Bristol Community College
Adjunct Faculty – Clinical Nursing (Medical/Sur…
Category: Adjunct Faculty
Department: Academic Affairs-Nursing
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Aug 25, 2022
Closes: Jun 30, 2023 – 11:59 PM EDT
Type: Part Time Non Benefited
Position ID: 152434
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Adjunct Faculty – Clinical Nursing (Medical/Surgical)
DEPARTMENT: Health Sciences/Nursing
REPORTS TO: Interim Dean of Health Sciences or designee
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Adjunct Faculty – Clinical Nursing (Medical/Surgical) supervise a clinical experience for up to 10 students for 12-15 hours per week. Their duties include, but may not be limited to, providing clinical instruction that coordinates with theoretical content and achieves course objectives. Adjunct Faculty will engage in a critical role in the teaching and learning process as a member of the nursing team, contributing to student success.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform all functions related to clinical assignments, including but not limited to making clinical assignments, correcting detailed nursing care plans, and completing and reviewing evaluation reports with students.
• Provide regular, accurate and timely feedback to students and the nursing/clinical team leader concerning academics, clinical performance, behavior and attendance.
• Work with the Nursing Department Chair and full-time Nursing faculty team responsible for Medical/Surgical nursing theory.
• Participate in weekly nursing first or second year team meetings each semester.
• Instruct students in laboratory safety procedures, if applicable.
• Participate in professional development opportunities to address the college’s goals related to technology, academic innovation and equity.
• Complete required trainings such as, but not limited to, Title IX, FERPA, Bloodborne Pathogens and Information Security.
• Adhere to workload as specified in the Collective Bargaining Agreement, to include duties such as, but not limited to, completing book orders, creating syllabi, verifying student enrollment, and submitting final grades by the contractual deadline.
• Be available to students either virtually or in-person for assistance meeting course requirements and supporting student academic success.
• Foster student success across the college’s diverse student body.
• Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Perform other related duties as assigned, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN).
• Must possess a current Massachusetts Registered Nurse license in good standing.
• Demonstrated clinical experience, as outlined below:
• For instructors with a BSN degree, minimum of five (5) years of full-time clinical experience in medical/surgical nursing, within the last eight (8) years.
• For instructors with a Master’s degree in Nursing (MSN) or equivalent nursing degree, minimum of two (2) years of full-time clinical experience in medical/surgical nursing, within the last five (5) years.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, as well as technology and computer applications common in nursing practice.
• Demonstrated experience working within nursing teams.
• Must submit to a background check (including Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI)/Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI)) and may be required to submit to a drug screening as a condition of employment.?
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: As of January 2022, candidates for employment should be aware that Community College students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in Nursing or equivalent nursing degree.
• Experience using High Impact Practices.
• Experience teaching at a community college, preferably in a nursing program.
• Graduate of Bristol’s Adjunct Certificate Program.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Blackboard.
• Prior online teaching experience using a Learning Management System.
• 18 graduate credits in the area of nursing.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Adjunct Faculty are part-time instructors hired on an as needed basis. Courses may be offered in online, hybrid, or face-to-face modalities in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, Taunton and/or community clinical sites. Courses may be held during the day, in the evening, and on weekends (Friday nights, Saturdays, and Sundays).
Please note: Positions will be available pending sufficient enrollment.
STARTING DATE: Academic Year 2022-2023
SALARY: Actual salary is commensurate with the DCE Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Bristol Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, TitleVII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Title IX & Equity Compliance Officer, Gia Sanchez at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or 774.357.2264; the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination; the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button.
COMPLETION OF THE ADJUNCT INFORMATION SESSION OR THE ADJUNCT CERTIFICATE PROGRAM REQUIRED PRIOR TO INTERVIEW. MORE INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://www.bristolcc.edu/bristolcommunity/facultystaff/academicresources/lashctl/adjunctfacultyinfosessions/
THIS POOL IS VALID THROUGH JUNE 30, 2023, AT WHICH TIME APPLICANTS SEEKING TO REMAIN IN THE POOL MUST REAPPLY AND UPDATE THEIR INFORMATION.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
4) A copy of your transcripts for all degrees earned. Upon hire, the candidate must supply official transcripts and/or certifications. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred. Failure to provide transcripts may result in your appointment being revoked.
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3592934
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.