Website Dorcas International Institute of RI
Social Worker (Part-Time, Spanish speaking)
Do you enjoy helping people and facilitating groups in the virtual world? If so, then perhaps Dorcas International is the place for you.
For nearly 100 years, Dorcas International Institute of Rhode Island has both welcomed and strived to empower all newcomers and those working to overcome cultural, educational, economic, and language barriers to achieve self-sufficiency through its programs and services for education, employment, refugee resettlement, family literacy, interpreting, translating, citizenship and immigration, and more.
The Social Worker works with a diverse group of clients — from newly arrived refugees to immigrants and adults in our ESL classes — on mental health issues and cultural adjustment on their paths to achieving self-sufficiency. Utilizing a client-centered and trauma-informed approach, the social worker will use tools, such as psycho-education and counseling, to meet the needs of our clients, utilizing interpreters as needed. This position is centered on creating groups to support clients affected by COVID-19. This will be done virtually and potentially in person, when safe to do so.
This Social Worker in this position will perform initial psychosocial assessments as part of the support group formation, providing referrals to other mental health providers, as needed. The social worker will work collaboratively with case managers on the Refugee Resettlement and Case Management team, along with community partners and mental health providers, in order to create outreach for clients and to promote positive mental health. The social worker will adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics and is required to utilize interpreters as they provide therapeutic interventions for clients.
• Master’s degree in human services (MSW, MS Counseling)
• Experience in group facilitation
• Valid driver’s license
• Prior experience working with a diverse population of clients in a multi-cultural setting
• Spanish speaking required
• Demonstrates knowledge of social work theory and practice; has experience as a social worker using counseling and crisis intervention skills; has knowledge of trauma-informed practice interventions
• Effective interpersonal and team-based communication skills along with a positive attitude
• High degree of cultural sensitivity and ability to work with clients from many cultures
• Ability to work with partners/interpreters frequently
• Exhibits cultural competency, integrity, flexibility, and the ability to be respectful and work as an integral member of a multi-skilled team
Why should you apply?
✓Range of professional opportunities in a growing organization
✓Generous employer-paid health & dental benefits
✓Generous paid vacation, sick days, and personal leave in addition to 12 paid holidays
✓Employer paid 403b Retirement and Life Insurance
✓Part-Time – Flexible; 15 hours a week, 3 days/week, 1-5 or 4-8 pm; occasional weekends
✓Hourly rate $22-24
Interested applicants should send Resumes and Cover Letter by 06/30//.2021 to Human Resources at Hr@diiri.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org